Peter Craddock counsels clients in the areas of privacy, data protection, cybersecurity, e-commerce, and software contracting in the European Union (EU) and worldwide. Peter assists clients in understanding data and technology matters and helps them comply with complex data privacy laws and regulations. His practice covers advisory work, contract drafting and negotiation, as well as representation of clients in litigation before data protection authorities or the courts. He also provides legal analyses to determine required reporting of potential security breaches in the EU.
Peter’s legal experience and distinctive background as a software developer serve him well in advising global clients on new and existing technologies and in analyzing data protection laws and regulations with a fresh perspective. He uses his knowledge to counsel clients through the intricacies of developing new initiatives in compliance with data protection and cybersecurity requirements and has developed compliance tools for clients to that end.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Peter was a Partner at an international law firm in Brussels where he focused on providing data protection advice under EU and local law.
- Managed proceedings before the Belgian Data Protection Authority for a large telecommunications operator, represented the operator in an appeal against the authority’s decision to fine the operator for non-compliance with the GDPR, and argued the operator’s case before the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Guided an international online travel agency in the identification of key data transfers, the assessment of its obligations vis-à-vis end-users, and the assessment of measures needed for compliance of the transfers with EU requirements on data transfers
- Assisted a bank and a telecom operator in devising and rolling out a new and unique digital bank offering, in which customer data serves as the backbone for personalization of the bank services
- Developed smart checklist for companies to monitor their compliance with EU requirements for international data transfers
- Advised a government on the best approach to international data transfers and the devising of a workable Cloud strategy
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards 2019: Highly Commended award received for development of software tool