Tracy Marshall counsels international and domestic for-profit and non-profit clients on a range of privacy, data security, advertising, promotions, and intellectual property matters. She also advises on general corporate and transactional matters.
Tracy assists clients with compliance and advocates on their behalf. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and helps clients implement privacy, data security, and security breach response programs, develop internal and public-facing privacy policies to comply with applicable laws, respond to cyber and data security incidents, and manage relationships with service providers and third parties. Tracy advises on structuring and conducting email and text messaging campaigns, sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions, and she helps clients protect and enforce their intellectual property rights.
In addition, Tracy counsels clients on corporate matters and assists with structuring and negotiating a variety of transactions, including licensing, marketing, and outsourcing arrangements.
Tracy is frequently invited to speak at privacy, data security, telecommunications, and advertising conferences and is a contributor to Keller and Heckman’s Consumer Protection Connection blog and Beyond Telecom Law Blog.
- Assisted consumer product companies with implementing global privacy policies for websites, mobile apps, and connected products, as well as internal processes to comply with privacy laws
- Advised clients on security breach notification obligations under applicable laws and assisted with breach responses
- Assisted clients with structuring text messaging campaigns to comply with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Represented trade association in TCPA proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Counseled for-profit and non-profit clients on, and negotiated resolution of, trademark and copyright infringement matters
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)