Timothy (Tim) Doughty works with corporate clients, service providers, and trade associations on legal and regulatory matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), courts, and state agencies. Clients seek Tim’s counsel on a broad variety of policy, regulatory, and transactional telecommunications and information technology matters.
While in law school, Tim spent a semester as a Legal Intern in the Investigations and Hearings Division of the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau. He was a member of the Catholic University Law Review and the Moot Court Association where he competed in the 2015 National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition. Tim graduated with a certificate from the Communications Law Institute.
Prior to joining the firm as an Associate, Tim gained valuable hands-on experience in licensing matters as a Telecommunications Licensing Specialist at Keller and Heckman.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating complex communications contracts, wireless and wireline services agreements, Software-as-a-Service agreements, tower lease agreements, and asset purchase agreements for the sale of telecommunications equipment and wireless spectrum
- Assists clients with all aspects of wireless licensing, the experimental licensing process, equipment authorizations, and spectrum acquisition through mergers and acquisitions and FCC spectrum auctions
- Provides guidance on public safety issues including E911, Next Generation 911, emergency preparedness and recovery, and FCC outage reporting rules
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement and complaint proceedings
- Works with clients to initiate and participate in complex rulemaking proceedings before the FCC
- Counsels critical infrastructure and communications companies on the tower registration and approval process and compliance at both the federal and state level as well as tower and antenna siting rules under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)
- Provides guidance on FCC Universal Service programs and contribution compliance
- Assists clients with pole attachment rental rate analysis and FCC pole attachment complaint proceedings before the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau
- Federal Communications Bar Association