LieAnn Van-Tull practices food and drug law with an emphasis on food and drug packaging regulation and tobacco and e-vapor regulation. She advises domestic and foreign clients regarding compliance with global food and drug packaging requirements.
LieAnn assists companies in obtaining food-contact clearances for their products in the U.S., Canada, China, South America, as well as the European Union and its individual Member States. She also provides guidance to clients on ways to establish a suitable regulatory status for products for which explicit premarket approval is not necessary.
In addition, LieAnn advises foreign and domestic clients on tobacco and e-vapor regulation, providing state and federal legislative counsel to tobacco and e-vapor suppliers, retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. She also counsels clients on approaches to establishing clearances for tobacco products in the U.S.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, LieAnn served as regulatory counsel for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) where she was a member of the lead counsel team on enforcement actions against companies that produce electronic nicotine delivery systems. She also developed policies and programs involving matters affecting the regulation of the tobacco industry. Her experience at FDA allows LieAnn to assist our Partners in sorting through the complex and ever-changing e-vapor and tobacco regulations and explain them clearly and effectively to our clients.
(Admitted to practice in Maryland only. Practice limited to matters before the FDA and matters ancillary thereto.)
- Provides regulatory guidance regarding food-contact legislation across multiple jurisdictions for multinational food packaging companies
- Advises clients regarding tobacco and e-vapor regulation as it relates to the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
- Counsels clients on securing a suitable regulatory status for food-contact materials marketed in the U.S. and EU
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association, Inc. (Committee Member, 2018-2019 Term) (Membership Chair 2019-2020 Term) (Secretary, 2021-2022 Term) (President-Elect, 2022-2023 Term)