Ivan Boyer is a board-certified toxicologist (D.A.B.T.) specializing in human health risk assessment, ecological risk assessment, and environmental sciences.
Ivan provides technical support to clients who need to meet regulatory requirements and safety standards of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory agencies in the health, safety, and environmental arenas. His expertise includes developing effective risk assessment methods and identifying, evaluating, and applying generally accepted approaches to risk or safety assessments for food, drugs, and cosmetics.
Ivan performs critical toxicology reviews, exposure assessments, and risk and safety assessments to meet regulatory or litigation requirements for a broad range of product categories, including human and animal foods, direct and indirect food additives, dietary supplements, pesticides, drugs, industrial chemicals, and household products. His evaluations ensure that the clients’ products comply with the scientific requirements of national, regional, international or global regulations and guidance, including those of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA), European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), the Indonesian National Agency of Food and Drug Control (BPOM), and the Food Standards and Safety Authority of India (FSSAI).
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Ivan worked for the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) as a Senior Toxicologist, where he prepared safety assessments that required specialized expertise. He also maintained responsibility for evaluating new and emerging approaches to safety assessments of ingredients in personal care products.
Ivan has worked with several not-for-profit industry organizations where he provided expertise in toxicology, microbiology, and molecular biology, among others. This broad range of scientific knowledge enables him to help our Partners understand many of the complex matters and substances our clients and their companies use in producing their products.
- American Chemical Society
- American College of Toxicology
- American Society for Cellular and Computational Toxicology
- International Society of Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Society for Risk Analysis
- Society of Toxicology
- Personal Care Products Council’s Presidential Award for Leadership Role in Safety Assessments of Botanical Ingredients (2013)
- Cosmetic Ingredient Review’s Significant Accomplishment Award for Leadership in Scientific Interactions with Stakeholders and Partners (2013)
- Noblis Vice President’s Distinguished Accomplishment for Publication: Lead Encephalopathy (2010)
- Mitretek Center for Science and Technology (CSAT) Award for Inventiveness (2007)
- Mitretek CSAT Award for Customer Satisfaction and Recognition (2002)
- Mitretek Board of Trustee’s Award for Excellence (2002)
- MITRE Program Accomplishment Award for Air Force Installation Restoration Program (IRP) Acquisition Support (1995)
- MITRE Director’s Distinguished Accomplishment Award for Air Force Installation Restoration Program (IRP) Acquisition Support (1995)
- US Food and Drug Administration Performance Award for Toxicological Review of Contaminants in the Food Supply (1990)
- National Research Service Award, National Cancer Institute (NCI) (1985, 1986)
- Postdoctoral Training Fellowship, National Institute of Neurological and Communicable Disease and Stroke (NIEHS) (1984, 1985, 1986)