C. Douglas (Doug) Jarrett represents associations, major corporations, and entrepreneurs before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on telecommunications policymaking, licensing, and enforcement matters. Clients seek Doug’s industry insights in telecommunications transactions and in negotiating a broad range of telecommunications-related agreements. Doug’s clients include dark fiber network operators, wireless site operators, specialized services providers, emerging broadband services providers, MDU developers and owners, and critical infrastructure companies.
Clients rely on Doug’s knowledge of domestic telecommunications and wireless regulatory and transactional matters, including spectrum acquisitions and indefeasible rights of use (IRUs). Doug represents services providers on Federal Universal Service Fund contribution matters, including Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) audits.
Doug speaks frequently at technology and telecommunications conferences and is a regular contributor to the Beyond Telecom Law Blog. His pro bono activities include a multi-year commitment to the DC Bar Pro Bono Center’s Advice & Referral Clinic.
- Represented a leading trade association in the FCC proceedings in which the rules and policies governing the 2018 CAF II and 2020 RDOF Phase I Rural Broadband Reverse Auctions were adopted
- Represented fiber optic network operators in negotiating dark fiber IRU agreements and leases with wireless carriers and retail and wholesale wireline services providers
- Represented a consortium of winning bidders in the CAF II Auction and bidders in the RDOF Phase I Auction
- Represented enterprises in negotiating domestic and global telecommunications services agreements with the major wireline and wireless carriers
- Represented MDU developers and owners negotiating access and marketing agreements with broadband services providers
- Represented public venue operators in negotiating distributed antenna systems (DAS) agreements with the major wireless carriers
- Represented purchases and sellers in spectrum sales, leases, and partition arrangements, including voluntary transactions and FCC-mandated transactions
- Counseled start-up broadband and high-capacity telecom network operators on federal and state regulatory compliance, including USF contribution obligations
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association (ECBA)