C. Douglas (Doug) Jarrett represents associations, major corporations, and entrepreneurs before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on telecommunications policymaking, licensing, and enforcement matters. Clients seek Doug’s expertise and industry insights in telecommunications transactions and in negotiating a broad range of telecommunications-related agreements. Doug’s clients include dark fiber network operators, wireless site operators, specialized services providers, emerging broadband services providers, MDU developers and owners, and critical infrastructure companies.
Clients rely on Doug’s expertise in domestic telecommunications and wireless regulatory and transactional matters, including spectrum acquisitions and IRUs. Doug represents services providers on Federal Universal Service Fund contribution matters, including Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) audits.
Doug speaks frequently at technology and telecommunications conferences and is a regular contributor to the BeyondTelecomLawBlog. His pro-bono activities include a multi-year commitment to the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center’s Advice & Referral Clinic.
- Represented a leading trading association in the FCC proceedings in which the rules and policies governing the 2018 CAF II and 2020 RDOF Phase I Rural Broadband Reverse Auctions were adopted.
- Represents fiber optic network operators in negotiating dark fiber indefeasible rights of use (IRU) agreements and leases with wireless carriers and retail and wholesale wireline services providers.
- Represented a consortium of winning bidders in the CAF II Auction and representing bidders in the RDOF Phase I Auction.
- Represents enterprises in negotiating domestic and global telecommunications services agreements with the major wireline and wireless carriers.
- Represents MDU developers and owners negotiating access and marketing agreements with broadband services providers.
- Represents public venue operators in negotiating in distributed antenna systems (DAS) agreements with the major wireless carriers and advising on regulatory considerations related to these multi-year agreements.
- Represents purchases and sellers in spectrum sales, leases, and partition arrangements, including voluntary transactions and FCC-mandated transactions.
- Represented a major residential REIT in FCC proceedings looking to establish the rights of MDU owners to grant wireline carriers access to their communities.
- Represented a coalition of critical infrastructure companies in FCC proceeding looking to establish a broadband allocation within the 900 MHz PLMR Band.
- District of Columbia Bar
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association