Breaking News: China's CFSA Publishes Implementation Guidance on GB 9685-2016
- Chapter 1 - Overview, which briefly introduces the history,
statusand role of GB 9685 standard;
- Chapter 2 - Standard Amendment Summary, which talks about the background, principle, and overall process of GB 9685 amendment, as well as the major revision in the 2016 version;
- Chapter 3 - Standard Content Description, which discusses each section of GB 9685-2016;
- Chapter 4 - Overview of China's Food-Related Product Management, which explains the management of food-related products in China and the system of standards for food-related products;
- Chapter 5 - Overview of Regulations of Food-Contact Materials in Foreign Countries, which introduces the food-contact regulations in the U.S., EU, Japan, Canada and South Korea;
- Chapter 6 - Overview of Risk Assessment of Food-Contact Materials in Foreign Countries, which talks about the risk assessment of food-contact materials in the aforementioned foreign countries
- Appendix 1 - full text of Management Rules for the Administrative Approval of New Varieties of Food Related Products;
- Appendix 2 - full text of Rules for the Petition and Acceptance of New Varieties of Food Related Products;
- Appendix 3 - an English index of additives listed in GB 9685-2016;
- Appendix 4 - new food-related products approved by NHFPC.
Keller and Heckman LLP is in the process of getting a hard copy of the Implementation Guidance and will provide further information on this GB 9685 guidance shortly. As previously mentioned, GB 9685-2016 will become effective on October 19, 2017.
In the meantime, should you have any questions regarding GB
Keller and Heckman LLP is a global law firm founded in 1962. The Shanghai office opened in 2004, focusing on serving its global clients in the Asia Pacific Region regarding compliance matters from food and drugs, food packaging, cosmetics, consumer products, chemicals, medical devices to E-cigarettes and tobacco related products.
The firm's global food and drug practice