Webinar: Going International: Are Your Vapor Products EU Compliant?
With the Premarket Tobacco Product Application (PMTA) deadline rapidly approaching and the future of the U.S. vapor market in jeopardy, "going international" may be the only way to save your vapor business. Unlike in the United States, where the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is imposing an onerous premarket authorization process to any products introduced since February 2007, the regulatory regime for vapor products in the European Union (EU) appears less burdensome - but is complex and involves pitfalls. Submitting Tobacco Product Directive (TPD) notifications with the Member States is only the tip of the iceberg.
Keller and Heckman's attorneys and scientists in Washington, DC and Brussels can help ensure that your products are fully compliant will all applicable laws and regulations in the EU, beyond basic TPD notification and labeling requirements. Keller and Heckman Partners Azim Chowdhury and Marcus Navin-Jones presented a complimentary webinar where they provided an overview of the various EU laws that apply to vapor products, including:
- REACH: Regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restrictions of Chemicals
- CLP: Regulation on the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Chemicals
- GPSD: General Product Safety Directive
- ROHS2: Directive on the Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- LVD: Low Voltage Directive