OSHA 30/30 - January 20, 2016
Keller and Heckman Partner Manesh Rath hosts the OSHA 30/30, a webinar series which covers OSHA issues for 30 minutes every 30 days.
In this program we discussed
OSHA’s New Construction Confined Space Standard
- An overview of OSHA’s New Construction Confined Space Standard, which went into effect August 3, 2015
- Key differences between the Construction Standard and General Industry Standard
- Applying problems with multi-employer worksites to the standard
- Discussion of requirements for atmospheric monitoring, engulfment hazards, and permit suspension rather than cancellation
- An overview of key provisions in the Standard, which require a written confined space program, designation of authorized employees, and effective training for both authorized and non-authorized personnel
- What employers should do to ensure compliance with the new Standard
To listen to the program, please click here.