Hazardous Materials Transportation Law 101 Webinar Series
The range of products that qualify as hazardous materials under transport laws is expansive. Maintaining awareness, ensuring compliance, and managing potential liabilities across a business can be challenging - especially given the scope of activities that have regulatory implications (e.g., shipping a sample to a trade show, designing a new product line, etc.).
The Keller and Heckman Transportation Practice hosted a complimentary webinar series discussing key regulatory requirements: "Hazardous Materials Transportation Law 101." These three 45-minute sessions aimed to provide in-house counsel and regulatory professionals with a basic understanding of the laws governing the shipping of hazardous materials. Among the topics discussed were determining what products and activities are regulated, key compliance obligations for shippers, and options to obtain regulatory relief.
See below for session details and topics discussed:
- Session 1:Who & What are Regulated? 12:00 PM EDT, October 17, 2019
*Part 1 has passed. For more information, email email@example.com
- What makes one an offeror/shipper?
- What is a hazardous material?
- What laws apply?
- International harmonization
- Session 2: Key Compliance Requirements 12:00 PM EDT, October 24, 2019
- Session 3: Exceptions & Inspections 12:00 PM EDT, October 31, 2019
- Opportunities for regulatory relief
- Approvals & special permits
- Inspections & enforcement