EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability and Its Impact on Packaging Webinar
Join Keller and Heckman Partner Rachida Semail and Associate Ales Bartl for a complimentary webinar, EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability and Its Impact on Packaging, on Wednesday, May 26 at 4:00 p.m. CET.
In the context of the circular economy initiatives, the ongoing re-evaluation of the food-contact legislation and the clear commitment of the European Commission to take into consideration the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability (CSS) in its future legislative initiatives on food-contact materials (FCMs), this webinar will provide an outline for the developments of the main initiatives under the CSS that may have significant implications on the future regulatory framework for FCMs, such as:
- Phase-out of the most harmful chemicals for 'non-essential uses'
- 'One substance one evaluation' principle
- Extension of a generic approach for risk management
- Criteria for the identification of endocrine disruptors
- New hazard classes (e.g., Persistent, Mobile, Toxic substances ('PMT'))
- New provisions to take into account of combination effects of chemicals in products
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:05 p.m. CET (50 min webinar + 15 min Q/A)
To view the webinar recording, please click below: