Connected Products Webinar Series - Webinar 2: Privacy and Security
Keller and Heckman’s Connected Products Team invites you to a three-part Connected Products webinar series. The webinars will guide you through the regulatory challenges and litigation risks affecting connected products, including recent developments such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will provide practical tips on compliance, risk avoidance, and risk management.
Webinar 2: Privacy and Security – This webinar took place on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 (12:00-1:00 pm EDT)
- Examine the U.S. legal landscape and the impact of new laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and state IoT security laws
- Background and updates on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Enforcement and litigation trends
- Considerations for privacy policies and end-user license agreements
- Advertising and marketing (with an emphasis on claims, price, safety, and social media)
- Preparing for and responding to security breaches and best practices for encryption
Whether you are making a connected appliance, fitness device, toy, or other consumer products, identifying regulatory risks and developing compliance frameworks designed to keep your customers safe and your company protected is vital. Keller and Heckman's Connected Products Team will help you navigate the evolving connected products legal landscape and offer pragmatic guidance on mitigating risk.
Join us for this highly anticipated webinar series.