2023 E-Vapor and Tobacco Law Symposium
Keller and Heckman's Annual E-Vapor and Tobacco Law Symposium is back in person in 2023. Please join us on February 15-16, 2023, for a two-day comprehensive seminar focused on legal and regulatory issues critical to e-vapor, tobacco, and CBD industries.
Linked below is an updated agenda for the event, which now includes a focus on the California Proposition 31 flavor ban, and additional presentations from Keller and Heckman's San Francisco and Brussels attorneys. View the updated agenda below!
In addition to the firm’s attorneys, we have several notable experts joining as guest speakers this year, including Derek Yach, the former World Health Organization lead on the development of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, as well as prominent scientific thought leaders Willie McKinney, Ph.D., Christopher Russell, Ph.D., and Ian Fearon, Ph.D.
This year’s program will feature timely topics specifically designed to help vapor, deemed tobacco product and cannabis-derived manufacturers stay in compliance with rapidly evolving laws and policies. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Complying with the California Prop 31 (SB 793) Flavor Ban
- Challenging MDOs, RTAs, and NSEs – Can You Still Appeal Your Denial?
- Litigation Update – Status of Appeals, Flavor Bans and New Challenges
- FDA's New Guidance and Proposed Rulemakings
- Preparing for Increased Enforcement, and Defending Your Business
- Premarket Tobacco Product Application (PMTA) and Substantial Equivalence (SE) Report Strategies for Small Businesses
- Scientific Arguments for Flavors and Flavor Choices
- Flavor Variety Longitudinal Study: Call to Action
- Marketing Plans, Post-Market Surveillance, and Youth-Access Prevention Strategies
- Age-Gating and Supply Chain Security
- Insurance and Product Liability Considerations
- FDA Remote Regulatory Assessments and Inspections
- New State Laws (California and Other Local Flavor Bans, Licensing and Excise Requirements, and State Enforcement Actions)
- European Union (TPD, CLP, and REACH) and China STMA Update
- Regulatory Update on CBD, Delta-8, and Cannabis/Hemp-Derived Products
- ...and Much More!
Wednesday, February 15 - Thursday, February 16, 2023
Early-Bird Rate: $999, if registered by Friday, February 3, 2023
Standard Registration Rate: $1,099, if registered after February 3, 2023
Courtyard Irvine Spectrum
7955 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Click here to book your hotel room. Keller and Heckman has negotiated a preferred room rate of $229 per night, plus tax, at the Courtyard Marriott Irvine Spectrum. Please book your room by Thursday, January 19, 2023, in order to take advantage of the negotiated room rate.
Register three or more people from the same company and receive 10% off the total registration fee. Contact email@example.com for instructions on how to receive the discount.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
CLE credit is available, pending individual state approval.
Certificate of Attendance
All seminar attendees will be eligible to receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
The cancellation deadline has passed, so no refunds will be granted; however, substitutions are welcome.
For questions concerning the 2023 E-Vapor and Tobacco Law Symposium, please contact:
Marketing and Events Specialist