Alexa Pecht practices environmental law, where she counsels clients on regulatory compliance and enforcement matters under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC Act) and other U.S. Federal and state environmental statutes.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Alexa served as a law clerk in EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, Waste and Chemical Enforcement Division, where she worked on civil litigation and enforcement matters concerning the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
While in law school, Alexa worked at the Virginia Coastal Policy Center (VCPC) where she provided legal and policy analysis on a variety of environmental issues affecting coastal Virginia. Alexa’s work at the VCPC focused on examining the environmental justice and climate change challenges under the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement, as well as providing analysis of legal and scientific challenges associated with a regional groundwater aquifer replenishment initiative. In law school, Alexa served on the William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review.
- Coordinated a multi-facility internal compliance audit and assisted in submittal of self-disclosures under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s “Audit Policy” and related state analogue
- Represented clients before regulatory agencies in response to compliance investigations and requests for information
- Advised e-liquid manufacturers on in-house hazardous waste management procedures and assists in identifying methods of reducing facility’s hazardous waste generation
- Obtained Department of Energy test procedure waivers on behalf of clients
- Counseled parties on suitability of environmental marketing claims and necessary substantiation and testing standards
- Assisted clients in certifying compliance under California’s Rigid Plastic Packaging Container law
- American Bar Association - Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (SEER)