Javaneh Tarter practices environmental, occupational health and safety, and administrative law. She primarily advises clients on Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act), and Proposition 65 compliance and represents clients in agency enforcement actions. Javaneh also assists clients in performing internal environmental health and safety audits, advises clients on employment law matters, and participates in appellate level litigation in cases challenging agency rulemakings.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Javaneh served for three years as Counsel for the American Coatings Association where she performed in-house regulatory and government affairs services in areas including TSCA, OSHA, environmental management, product stewardship, and state level chemical policies.
While in law school, Javaneh was a member of the Dean’s Tutorial Society and the Order of the Barristers. She participated in the National Health Law Moot Court Competition and the Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Moot Court Competition.
Assisted client in contesting federal agency enforcement, resulting in dismissal of enforcement action
- Assisted in advising dozens of clients on new Proposition 65 warning regulations, drafted website language, labels, and notices to customers on behalf of clients, and created compliance programs for clients
- Assisted in advising clients on ingredient disclosure laws, including California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act compliance
- Crafted COVID-19 policies for clients that addressed personal protective equipment, proper cleaning of facilities, administrative controls, leave policies, monitoring, and injury and illness recordkeeping
- Completed applications for clients to obtain federal registration of new pesticide products
- Advised clients on hazard communication and labeling regulations in the U.S., Canada, and Europe
- Submitted numerous self-disclosures for clients under EPA’s audit policy and performed internal TSCA audits
- Assisted clients in providing input to EPA regarding TSCA “framework rules” under the Frank Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Bar Association