Ashley Yull advises domestic and foreign clients on compliance issues regarding food additives and food contact materials in multiple jurisdictions, including the United States, the European Union, and China. She also counsels tobacco and e-vapor manufacturers and suppliers in matters of compliance with state and federal laws.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Ashley served as a law clerk to Special Master Brian H. Corcoran at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. She also served as a law clerk liaison for the Young Lawyers Division of the Court’s Bar Association.
While in law school, Ashley was the Executive Editor of the Health Law and Policy Brief, a Senior Staff member on the Journal of Gender, Social Policy and the Law, and a research fellow responsible for conducting research on public health law scholarship. She was also a student attorney in the Glushko-Samuelson Intellectual Property Law Clinic. Ashley has a background in regulatory and ethical issues related to protecting human subjects involved in clinical and non-clinical research.
- Assisted clients in obtaining opinion letters on the compliance status of substances used in food packaging and in food processing equipment
- Assisted clients in preparing and submitting Food Contact Notifications to FDA to obtain regulatory clearance for substances used in packaging materials
- Assisted clients in the recycled plastics industry in obtaining Letters of No Objection from FDA and Health Canada, confirming the capability of their recycling processes to produce post-consumer recycled material that is suitable for food-contact use
- Assisted clients by monitoring legislation and policies affecting the regulation of materials used in contact with food in the United States, European Union, and elsewhere
- The George Washington American Inn of Court