Anna Kołtunowska, as part of our food and drug practice, advises clients on regulatory and compliance matters relating to EU (harmonized) and Member States’ (non-harmonized) legislation on chemicals, food, food contact materials, biocides, and general products safety. Anna also advises on legislative and policy developments at EU and Member State level as well as in certain non-EU jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Anna interned at the European Commission where she worked on general products safety and the Rapid Alert System for Non-Food Products (RAPEX). Further, Anna also worked at Polish Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development where she advised on protection of geographical indications and approximation of legislation of Eastern Partnership countries with the EU legislation.
- Conduct compliance assessment of food contact materials under EU and Member State legislation on food contact materials, including application of mutual recognition principle
- Assist clients in understanding legislation developments and complexities of the EU decision making and standardization process concerning chemicals, food, food contact materials, and general products safety
- Advising client on the applicable requirements on food processing aids around the world and in obtaining the regulatory clearances where required
- Counsel clients on compliance with dynamic regulatory environments of EEA and EFTA Member States, including assistance in understanding of regulatory developments and decision-making process concerning chemicals, food, food contact materials, and general products safety
- Assist clients in obtaining authorizations for the use of biocidal products in EU Member States
- Advise on access to documents at EU and Member State level
- Represent clients in litigation on chemicals before EU courts
- Warsaw Bar
- Brussels Bar, E-list