Offered quarterly, The Employment Law Aftermath with Manesh Rath highlights the most impactful employment law developments in the past ninety days in OSHA, labor, employment, and wage and hour law, monitoring both case law nationwide as well as federal regulatory and statutory proceedings.
For over ten years, in-house counsel from over eighty companies have been attending -- and returning -- to the quarterly Employment Law Aftermath series. Following each live Aftermath, a web encore is provided for those outside the Washington, DC metro area.
Below are some of the topics covered during the April 8th program:
1. The White House issued a Memorandum to the Department of Labor ordering changes in FLSA white collar exemptions;
2. A Ninth Circuit decision on an unsettled question involving the right to mandate use of FMLA protections;
3. EEOC brings suit against employer for commonly used terms in separation agreements;
4. The Fourth Circuit offered guidance on when a temporary injury could constitute a protected disability;
5. The D.C. Circuit issued a ruling affecting the privilege that attaches to internally conducted investigations;
© 2019 Keller and Heckman LLP. All rights reserved