Date: Oct 02, 2003
(1) a September 23 Oklahoma district court decision ruling that the FTC lacked Congressional authorization to issue Do-Not-Call rules;
(2) a September 25 Colorado district court decision finding the FTC's Do-Not-Call rules unconstitutional;
(3) a September 26 Order of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit refusing to stay the FCC's Do-Not-Call rules pending review, prompting the FCC to declare that it would enforce the registry beginning October 1;
(4) a September 29 refusal by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to stay the FCC's Do-Not-Call rules; and
(5) another order on September 29 by the Colorado district court refusing to stay its September 25 order pending appeal by the FTC.